About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So long....

Apparently news travels fast.

I was asked by at least 4 to 5 people where I am going to. They heard I was leaving.

Wow, seems like the news travels even faster than me. Cause even I was not aware that I was leaving.

Seems people saw a job posting for my team and they automatically assumed it was for my role.

Funny, how assumptions go.

If they had paid attention - they would have noticed the person will report to me - so how that be if it was for my position.

It is interesting also because it shows that people are really looking at this internal job posting site - presumably looking out for what opportunities are available.

Not surprising that people are looking, after all, the recent unclear changes have left quite a number of people uncertain and when people are uncertain of change, then fear creeps in.

For me, I am uncertain but not fearful. What changes will be will be, the futures not mine to see ;)

I am, however, for now, staying put and doing my work plus more to the best of my ability. It keeps me busy and focused.

Having been through many more drastic changes in the past leaves me a little less worried.

So, folks, I am not leaving right now .... eventually I would love to move on to something else somewhere else .... but not at this time. The time will come one day when opportunity will come knocking on my door, and my door is always open, although the window may be closed ;)

Take care and be well.

No comments: