About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Need a haircut

I need to call my neighbour friend as I need a haircut. I hear that he gets really good haircuts. Maybe I can tumpang (ride on) his barber.

You see, my good friend next door, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah paid RM86,918 to have his hair trimmed.

The Sultan of Brunei, who is among the world’s richest men with an estimated wealth of RM69.5bil, was so concerned about his looks that he would get hairstylists from London to do his hair every three to four weeks.

Recently, he flew barber Ken Modesrou from London to give him a haircut.

The huge amount covered the fare to fly Modesrou to Brunei in a self-contained suite on a Singapore Airlines flight, three to four nights’ accommodation at a luxury hotel, food and tips. He only charged RM174 for a hairdo in London.

As my friend YAB said, it is all relative. Remember the theory of relativity.

and I remembered the theory of relativity......

If we only have RM 50 , then RM 1 is 1/50 is 2 %, so that's quite a big chunk.

But if we got RM69.5 billion like my neighbour, then RM 86,918 is 0.00000000... %. Furthermore RM69.5 Billion is generating more than RM 86,918 per hour.

So, I guess it is just a small amount for my friend next door. Irrespectively, I sure would like to tumpang for a hair cut, after all, the barber has already flown here and I am sure the sultan can spot me for RM174 for an additional haircut.

Truth be known, the bigger picture is always the Mat Salleh laughing all the way to the bank. The sultan cannot even train his own people to cut good hair, how stupid is that and how insulting is that?

In Malaysia also no difference, many times the Mat Salleh are always laughing all the way to the bank since the days of colonisation, and we let them do it.

So, I guess, we are not much different from my next door neighbour ... relatively.

Take care and be well.

2 comments:

kC said...

Oooo... enjoyed this one

Ser said...

It is not that we Malaysians are not able people.

But we only have ourselves to blame for it.....we sometimes lack confidence in ourselves to do better, to be creative in getting our ideas out/sell our ideas and dare to fail.

One will fail sometimes (may be many times) in order to succeed. Until then, the Mat Sallehs will be laughing to the bank. At least in our country and our neighbour too.

Alternatively, dare to different and be like the few Asians who are able to succeed anywhere and they too are laughing to the bank!

So stop harping on all these Mat Sallehs and create a niche for yourselves. Like Jimmy Choo (Note: Unfortunately he got conned. Poor fella...So when you high and mighty up there, be careful lah..)