About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hot Sunday Morning

Partial darkness
Crashing waves
Fan has stopped
No power
In the living room
Wife is sleeping
Al E's incessant barking
Wakes me from my slumber
On this hot Sunday morning

Partial power
1 phase is down
2 phases are running
I am sweating and wide awake
Broadband is working
But tele is not
Al E's routine is done
and he's sleeping by my feet
On this hot Sunday Morning

One more week
Then off to Egypt
Blogging will take a break
It will be a hot time in the Sahara
Beneath the sheltering skies
We'll be cruising down the Nile
Abu Simbel, Alexandria, Cairo and Ramses beckons us
The sun may blind our eyes
On this hot three week vacation

But for now
For today
Only thing in my mind
At this very moment
While the wife has awoken
And the stomach is growling
like Al E by the door waiting for her
All I can think of is
this hot Sunday morning.

Take care and be well.

No comments: