About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

99 Red Balloons

Really used to like this song, it was fun, it was a long long time ago.

Initially I thought it was in French, little did I know in 1983 the difference between French and German. It is German.

I was 14 years old, Sar was 11, Mack was 5, Bu Bu and Yani were 2, Chandran was 1, Kuppu was just a dream, maybe a butterfly ...

99 Luft Balloons / 99 Red Balloons - it was a cold war era protest song, even the cold war is gone.
There are other wars and many uncertainties in the world and in life.

But these friendships here, amongst us seem to remain strong and we are developing a nice bond. I cherish it, I savour it, I love it.

You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons
With the money we've got
Set them free at the break of dawn
'Til one by one, they were gone
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message"Something's out there"
Floating in the summer sky
99 red balloons go by
99 red balloons
Floating in the summer sky.






Take care and be well.

No comments: