About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Friday, September 26, 2008

The Nile

Cruising up the Nile river
Am I in denial
Or am I the Niles
A brown man
On a boat cruise
Sitting here in my suite
First day
I see snakes on the bed
Second day
I see a crocodile
Third day
A mummy on the bed reading my Reader's Digest
Then
I get the key of life, a lotus flower and a monkey hanging around
Am I dreaming
Can these be for real
Or the stiffling heat
Burning me up and frying my brains
And a brown man
Becomes a black man
Oh well, I say
I guess my fro suits me now
A brown man
Becomes a black man
Pyramids of Giza
Temples of Luxor and Karnak
Temple of Horus in Edfu and Kom Ombo
The town that Alexander built
Valley of the Kings
Tombs of the Pharoahs
Temple of Hatshepsut and her unfinished obelisk
Aswan and the high dam
Water from the river Nile
Coptic Christianity and early Islam
Nothing beats the sight at Abu Simbel
A temple for Ramses II and his wife Nefertari
Simply an engineering and artistic marvel
Lost is the ancient Egyptian culture
Gone the language
Taken away by Greeks, Romans, Christians and the Muslims
A brown man
Becomes a black man
A Nubian prince or a black Pharoah
I may have been
Now just a brown man
Becoming a black man
Snakes, Crocodile, Monkey, Mummy, Lotus and Key of Life
Are for real
Real art pieces created daily by my wonderful room service man
From towels, toilet paper and anything around the room
Cruising down the Nile river
I am not in denial
The sun is bright
The heat is stiffling
And a brown man
Becomes a black man.

Take care and be well.

No comments: