About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Boo Hoo Clapping Song



Carburetor Dung is a Malaysian punk rock band formed in 1991 in Kuala Lumpur. Formed by bassist Fendi as a band called Stormfish but later changed its name to Carburetor Dung when guitarist Joe Kidd joined the fold. The name came from Lester Bangs' book Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung.

I came across Carburetor Dung in 1993 when I worked for The Sun newspaper in Malaysia and Joe Kidd actually worked there for a while.

So, why is my post about Carburetor Dung. Well, at lunch we were talking about different type of music we listen to and all the different concerts on going. Like a friend who went for Pink concert, and another going for AC/DC concert and myself going for Jason Mraz concert in April.

And I just remembered my old colleague Joe from the Carburetor Dung.

This evening, I will be taking a 9 hour train ride to a place I have not been in nearly 20 years and that was also when I went for one of my first concerts by a now retired band called Pink Floyd singing songs from their ever popular album on site.

Take care and be well.

No comments: