About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lack of sleep

I am writing a really really short blog today.

I will maybe write it longer to explain it a little further in another blog.

Last few days I have been lacking sleep and having a thousand thoughts running through my mind. I don't know why at the moment? They are not all bad thoughts, many are positive thoughts, active thoughts, hopeful thoughts, visionary thoughts... but just too many of them.

Lack of sleep for me means lack of productivity the next day.

As one of my favorite poets Rabindranath Tagore once said, "He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good."

I need to calm down, meditate, get at least six hours of sleep a day, get up at five in the morning to meditate and pray. Not sleep at one or two in the morning, get up at half past six and rush to work, be not so productive and go through this grind day in day out.

Maybe like Eric Hoffer said, "The feeling of being hurried is not usually the result of living a full life and having no time. It is on the contrary born of a vague fear that we are wasting our life."

I certainly hope I am not wasting my life . . . need to slow down a little, sleep right, eat well, take care of myself first.

Take care and be well.

No comments: