About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm generous but taking advantage of it will be at your own peril

I'm generous but taking advantage of it will be at your own peril.

Winston Churchill said "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" and I have mentioned this before.

I am making a life and I do not mind being a kind, generous giving person.

A person unlearns arrogance when he knows he is always among worthy human beings; being alone fosters presumption. People are arrogant because they always associate with their own peers, those who are all really nothing but who would like to be very important.

Huxley says that most of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols.

Einstein joked two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

An intelligent man, maybe one of the most intelligent, believed that human stupidity is more infinite than the universe itself, how ironic.

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

If arrogance and stupidity take advantage of my generosity, be at at your own peril.

I am not elaborating further as I have always maintained that no names will be mentioned and I will not personalise an issue.

Hell hath no fury like a Nil scorned, stop it and you will not perish . . . if not, it will be between any supreme power and your own soul.

Take care and be well

No comments: