About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Selamat Hari Raya

Wishing all my friends a Selamat Hari Raya in Malaysia and parts of the world that do celebrate Hari Raya today (Sunday 20 September).

This does not include my friends in Brunei who only celebrate on Monday 21 September because the poor fella's did not see the new moon on Saturday night.

There is a formula to these things, the Chinese and Indians have been using it for thousands of years ... way before the modern religions came into the world.

Even the Middle Eastern people have been using these formula's for years and not really looking for the new moon.

But in these parts of the world, looking for the new moon is custom.

To each their own, customs can be interesting but pity to poor folks in Brunei who have to fast for one more day ... unless they also started a day late ... hmmmm

Take care and be well.

No comments: