About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Life is fine, fine as wine

I have been wanting to write an entry in my blog for the last two days, there are so many things in my mind and so many things I would like to write about. However, for whatever reasons and stress, I have not been too well and I have not written anything. No words are moving from my mind to my fingers to the keyboard and to the blog.

Instead, today, I copy some poems from some favorite poets of mine. Both my wife and I have been going through the same stress from the same sources .... family .... sigh!! It is so hard to keep calm in some of the situations we face but I have no mood to write about this right now.

So, instead, enjoy some of poems.

The Poison Tree by William Blake

I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe;
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I water'd it in fears,
Night & morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with my smiles
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright;
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole
When the night had veil'd the pole:
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretch'd beneath the tree.

The Divine Image by William Blake

Cruelty has a human heart,
And Jealousy a human face;
Terror the human form divine,
And secrecy the human dress.

The human dress is forged iron,
The human form a fiery forge,
The human face a furnace seal'd,
The human heart its hungry gorge.

I carry your heart with me by E.E. Cummings

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it (anywhere I go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)

I fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)

I want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

Life is fine by Langston Hughes

I went down to the river,
I set down on the bank.
I tried to think but couldn't,
So I jumped in and sank.

I came up once and hollered!
I came up twice and cried!
If that water hadn't a-been so cold
I might've sunk and died.

But it was Cold in that water! It was cold!

I took the elevator
Sixteen floors above the ground.
I thought about my baby
And thought I would jump down.

I stood there and I hollered!
I stood there and I cried!
If it hadn't a-been so high
I might've jumped and died.

But it was High up there! It was high!

So since I'm still here livin',
I guess I will live on.
I could've died for love--
But for livin' I was born

Though you may hear me holler,
And you may see me cry--
I'll be dogged, sweet baby,
If you gonna see me die.

Life is fine! Fine as wine! Life is fine!

That's all for my blog today. A few poems from a few great poets whom one day I wish to emulate.

And until then,

Life is fine, fine as wine.
It gets better as it matures
sometimes it may be sweet,
sometimes it may be sour,
sometimes it may be red,
sometimes it may be white,
at times it will be fruity,
at times it will be dry,
sometimes it will get you drunk,
sometimes it will get you cheerful,
at times it will be strong,
at times it will be mild,
but always, always,
life will be fine, fine as wine.

Take care and be well.

No comments: