About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Happiness is not so much in having as sharing.











Above are pictures taken from a belated birthday party we had for my wife at home. They are not in a chronological order but you can figure out that it was a blast.

A small party at home with a small group of friends and home cooked food.

We have had 5 or 6 parties in my current home in Miri, some small parties like this one and some larger parties where we catered food. However, all of the previous parties were at night for dinner and after.

This was the first day party we had where we started slightly after 3pm. What we did not expect was that it lasted until just past midnight and it was a blast.

After 4 bottles of champagne, 3 bottles of wine, 3 boxes of fruit juices, half a dozen of soft drinks, lots of water, a pot of Gujerati cha and lots of home cooked food, snacks and chips, the party went on and on.

We started by everyone sitting around the dining table, chatting, snacking, drinking and just chillin’.

We then went to play Ultimate Frisbee on the beach in front of my house. Then we came back and had cake. Then we played Cashflow 101, we boxed on my boxing ball, we had spoons on our noses, the pictures say it all. We had a blast.

My wife and I enjoy cooking and enjoy having friends over. We believe that to be truly happy, we have to share, share our lives, share our bread, share our happiness.

As such, I use Norman MacEvan quote today as the title of today’s blog.

“Happiness is not so much in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”

Pictures say a thousand words and as such, I will not in today’s blog. Just a few more.

These are my friends,
You there, my friend,
Come, let me hold you.
Now, with a sigh,
You grow warm
In my hand...
My friend,
My clever friend...
Soon you'll know splendors
You never have dreamed
All your days,
My lucky friends.
You'll soon drip precious
Rubies...
From Sweeney Todd


“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”

I want to thank you friends for making the day memorable. You all have truly made my soul blossom.
.
Bisous XOXOXO
.
Take care and be well.

No comments: