About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Motivation

What motivates a person to do something? Money? Fame? Glory?

Watch the interesting video below and you will see the simple miracle of motivation. It is rather simple yet difficult to implement because most companies will not want to think outside of the box to do this.

The key point for motivation according to the recording below is people are looking for Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose in what they are doing.

As such, many people including myself spend many hours of my free time picking up something I enjoy and motivates me more like cooking or even writing.

Autonomy refers to the capacity of a rational individual to make an informed, un-coerced decision.

Mastery is a comprehensive knowledge or skill in a subject or accomplishment and a possession of consummate skill

Purpose is a result, end, mean, aim, or goal of an action intentionally undertaken. It is determination and resoluteness.

Is your live a purpose driven life? Are you seeking some mastery in a skill?

Can you make an autonomous decision where you work that gives you the mastery and fulfills your purpose?

For me, there are many things I would like to do but two that come to mind for me to share.

One is to eventually be a Chef and run a restaurant that is Michelin star status. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, there are no Michelin star restaurants in Malaysia.

The other is to be an established writer and have a book on the New York Times bestseller list as well as in the Amazon bestseller list.

Now go watch this wonderful video on motivation that was shared by my previous manager.



Take care and be well.

No comments: