About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Making a list and checking it twice

Lately it seems I am making a lot of lists - mainly because I have been asked to.

You see, I do not like making extensive lists.

Handover of Job list, Move to KL list, End of year list, Things to Do list, etc etc etc.

All types of list.

Some more detailed than others.

But nevertheless all a list of things to do.

I only have 24 hours in a day of which about half are spent sleeping, shitting, shaving, showering and shoving food into the mouth.

And if I spent the rest making lists and lists of actions and things to do, when will I actually do these things?

Sometimes I feel we get bogged down in making a list of things to do and we never end up actually doing the things.

I have to blame all this 7 Habits crap and all this new books like 1000 places to visit before you die, 1000 types of food to eat before you die and so and so forth.

We have been shoved down with so many list that we get too overwhelmed to do the things and have time to smell the roses.

I now have 8 active lists, I think I need a list to write down things to do to eliminate the lists.

Until then, I will spend time writing lists, doing nothing else and spend the rest of the time doing 5S.

Not the Japanese workplace organization 5S which is Seiri(Sorting), Seiton (Sraighten or Set in Order), Seisō (Sweeping or Shining), Seiketsu (Standardizing) and Shitsuke (Sustaining the discipline).

But my version of 5S which is sleeping, shitting, shaving, showering and shoving food into the mouth.

Take care and be well.

No comments: