About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'll take a cup of kindness yet ....

It’s already the 1st of December.

334 days have passed and all that remains in 31 days.

Of these 334 days, 96 days have been Saturdays and Sundays where I have either lazed about or done one chore or another.

Leaving me with 238 days.

26 days of annual leave and 4 days of sick leave, leaving me with 208 days.

5 days in training, leaving me with 203 days.

17 days have been public holidays. Leaving me with 186 days.

I think I have spend an average of 6 days either on a plane or in an airport waiting for a plane. So, now it’s 180 days.

Of these 180 days, an average of 60 days spent sleeping (i.e. 8 hours a day, so 1/3 of the 180 days).

Left with 120 days.

An average of 60 days spent working (same as above). But in all honesty, I think I spent slightly more of the time above for working, so, I will make that roughly 80 days.

So, only 40 weekdays where I spent time with family, having meals, playing with the dog, watching television, driving, talking, listening, watching, walking.

And now I am left with 31 days in the year.

Of which 8 days are weekends and 2 days are public holidays, so left with 21 days.

8 days I am on annual leave.

13 days where I will work and sleep an average of 8 hours a day, so about 4 days of work, 4 days of sleep.

Sadly only 4 days of time doing everyday mundane things that matter the most in life.

But I will cherish these 4 days, or 96 hours – spending time with family including my furry little one, listening to music, watching television, eating, laughing, and merry making.

Take care and be well.

No comments: