About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

The journey of a thousand kilometers or so

I came here about two years ago.

That time, from the west to the east.

Now, the journey of a thousand kilometers or so starts from the east and takes me back to the west, where home is.

As the crow flies, it will be a journey of 1369 kilometers or 850 miles approximately.

People always say a journey starts with the first step, which I fully agree.

What is not said is the amount of preparation it takes before you can even take the first step.

There is the boxes to pack, the car to move, house to vacate, the accounts to close - banking, telephone, satellite etc, the people to move and among the most valuable thing to move from here apart from me and wifey is of course my boy, Al E.

So, in all honesty, the journey of a thousand kilometers or so, actually starts a few hundred kilometers before the actual journey itself.

So, my pre-journey starts now ....

And I will see you all soon back home.

Take care and be well.

1 comment:

macK said...

pack those memories too!