About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Monday, October 11, 2010

My name is Bond, James Bond.

I remember a long time ago, my dad took us to watch our first James Bond movie. This was a Roger Moore one, I believe it was The Man with the Golden Gun.

The starting of Bond movies had you gripping to your seat in excitement of the movie to follow. The action scene and the starting sequence are just wonderful.

The of course Bond himself, whether it was Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig or even George Lazenby - I love them all.

Lines like, "My name is Bond, James Bond" and "Martini, shaken not stirred" have forever become etched in my memory and is said pretty much in every Bond movie. At that time, I did not even know what a martini tasted like but it sure sounded like a cool drink.

Here are some other quotes from some Bond movies:

World domination. The same old dream. Our asylums are full of people who think they're Napoleon. Or God. (to Dr No)

You don't think I enjoyed what we did this evening, do you? What I did tonight was for King and country! You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you? (after making love)

The things I do for England. (while unzipping Helga's dress)

That's pretty potent. Not the cork. Your after-shave. Strong enough to bury anything. But the wine is quite excellent. Although for such a grand meal, I would have expected a claret. (to Blofeld)

That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing! (to Tiffany)

I'm tempted to say yes immediately but I think I'd maybe have a look around. (to female receptionist who asked Bond if she could interest him in something)

I was wrong about you. I thought Christmas only comes once a year. (in bed with Dr. Christmas Jones)

Now the whole world's gonna know that you died scratching my balls! (laughing - after being stuck five times with a knotted rope)

Can I offer an opinion? I really think you people should find a better place to meet. (listening to Mr. Greene and the others talk via earpieces)

And finally:
Bond: Vodka Martini.
Bartender: Shaken or stirred?
Bond: Do I look like I give a damn?

Take care and be well.

No comments: