About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

My name is .....

My parents shared not only an improbable love, they shared an abiding faith in the possibilities of this nation. They would give me an African name, Barack, or blessed, believing that in a tolerant America your name is no barrier to success.
Barack Obama

Bob Marley isn't my name. I don't even know my name yet.
Bob Marley

I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.
Benjamin Franklin


What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
William Shakespeare

If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'.
John Lennon

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Oscar Wilde

Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.
Theodore Roosevelt

If there is not the war, you don't get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don't get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name. Theodore Roosevelt

I never understood why when you died, you didn't just vanish, everything could just keep going on the way it was only you just wouldn't be there. I always thought I'd like my own tombstone to be blank. No epitaph, and no name. Well, actually, I'd like it to say 'figment.'
Andy Warhol

Use power to help people. For we are given power not to advance our own purposes nor to make a great show in the world, nor a name. There is but one just use of power and it is to serve people.
George W. Bush

You may call God love, you may call God goodness. But the best name for God is compassion.
Meister Eckhart


Grant me the treasure of sublime poverty: permit the distinctive sign of our order to be that it does not possess anything of its own beneath the sun, for the glory of your name, and that it have no other patrimony than begging.
Francis of Assisi


A leader does not deserve the name unless he is willing occasionally to stand alone.
Henry A. Kissinger


Take care and be well.
Nil Timbadia

No comments: