About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'll take a cup of kindness yet

I am somehow just reminded of a New Year's Eve song today. I don't know why, by I know I love it.

So, I am just printing the English version of this Scottish poem by Robert Burns.

I'll take a cup of kindness yet and gladly share mine, with all the friends I've made here, and all the friends in my life.

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !

And surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,

for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
We two have run about the slopes,

and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,

for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
We two have paddled in the stream,

from morning sun till dine† ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,

for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And there’s a hand my trusty friend !

And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,

for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG3afAIi6IQ

Attached above is the link to the song which was also the theme in Waterloo Bridge, a 1931 as well as 1940 movie.

I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do. I know it is not New Year's yet, but nothing wrong.

Take care and be well.

No comments: