About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What are rights of other Earthlings

Earthling (noun) - an inhabitant of the earth.
Nature, Animal and Humankind.
Make the connection.


I have been a vegetarian all my life, mostly. I may have intentionally or accidentally eaten dead animals. As a vegetarian, I eat dead plants, for my sustenance.

I was born a vegetarian, all my ancestors have been vegetarian as far as I am aware.

However, I am not a vegetarian because of religious reasons.

I am a vegetarian because of ethical and to some extent, environmental reasons.

Recently, Mark Zuckerberg, from what I read, changed his diet. He is mostly vegetarian and only eats animals that he kills with his own hands.

It is not easy. I personally could not kill an animal to eat it, thus, I rather remain a vegetarian.

The environmentalist also claim that vegetarians have a smaller carbon footprint, so I guess inevitably, I am also doing the earth some good.

I have watched the video below a few times already. First, when "Datuk YB" lend it to me and a few times from the website. It is a 90 plus minute video and many people cringe to watch even 15-30 minutes of it.

I would say that I will not recommend it to anyone below 15 although kids are growing up fast nowadays.    

Find sometime and watch it, however long you can, and be more aware of rights of other living things on the earth. 



Take care and be well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...yes.. the choices we have for nourishment can exclude eating animals.

Some folks unconscionably have made the first steps towards being a vegetarian...like not eating crabs, pigs, cows, eagles etc...