About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Cutie on Gold Coast


Left the Sunshine Coast and little town that has been our home for the last 5 days. Coloundra has treated us well an yes, while we have only been there for 5 days, it was like home. You know when you feel home when others start asking you for directions.

Some Aussies asked us for directions to the Pizza Capers in Coloundra and we have been "regulars" at our local coffee shop for our late breakfasts.

Also, the Sunshine Coast mostly gets local or Aussie tourist, so when they see 2 Malaysians there, they think we are Aussies rather than international tourists.

That has all gone now. It took us 2 hours and 15 minutes from Coloundra to the Gold Coast. Checked in to Cutie hotel in Surfers Paradise in mid afternoon and went out for a walk after unpacking our bags.

While Cutie hotel is rather cute, chic and modern ... I can't say the same yet for Surfer's Paradise which I find not so cute and rather tacky.

By the way, it is QT Hotel which is sort of Cutie right.

As we walked our way out in the Surfer Paradise strip, and got to Hard Rock to buy our collection of tee shirts, we pass by one typical and tacky shop after another.

In five days in Coloundra, I did not see any Arab, Chinese, Indonesian or Indian tourist apart from ourselves.

In 3 hours in Surfers Paradise, I have seen more Arabs, Indians, Indonesian and Chinese tourist compared to the number of Aussies I have seen.

The shop and restaurants that I have seen cater to the tourist ... so very tacky touristy items made in China rather than local designs.

The only local stuff I saw was Ugg shoes and they are bloody ugly and expensive although would be damn comfortable for the winter months of Malaysia .... (eyes rolling).

Anyway, as always, we got to make the best of things and we will.

Tomorrow, a good friend's son, Mr G is picking us up for dinner and during the day, I am thinking to get out of the tackiness of Surfers Paradise and go to Tamborine Mountains about 40 minutes away.

Escape to the mountains mainly to visit a distillery of fine liqueurs, schnapps, vodkas and Eaux de Vie (a clear colourless fruit brandy).

Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m going to
Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
In the jingle jangle morning I’ll come followin’ you


Though I know that evenin’s empire has returned into sand
Vanished from my hand
Left me blindly here to stand but still not sleeping
My weariness amazes me, I’m branded on my feet
I have no one to meet
And the ancient empty street’s too dead for dreaming


Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m going to
Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
In the jingle jangle morning I’ll come followin’ you


Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin’ ship
My senses have been stripped, my hands can’t feel to grip
My toes too numb to step
Wait only for my boot heels to be wanderin’
I’m ready to go anywhere, I’m ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way
I promise to go under it


Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m going to
Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
In the jingle jangle morning I’ll come followin’ you


Though you might hear laughin’, spinnin’, swingin’ madly across the sun
It’s not aimed at anyone, it’s just escapin’ on the run
And but for the sky there are no fences facin’
And if you hear vague traces of skippin’ reels of rhyme
To your tambourine in time, it’s just a ragged clown behind
I wouldn’t pay it any mind
It’s just a shadow you’re seein’ that he’s chasing


Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m going to
Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
In the jingle jangle morning I’ll come followin’ you


Then take me disappearin’ through the smoke rings of my mind
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow


Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m going to
Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me
In the jingle jangle morning I’ll come followin’ you.


Take care and be well.

No comments: