About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Healer Within


We are supposedly created in God's image. If you believe in that then we should also have similar healing powers. If you do not believe that, and believe in the big bang and science, than you also believe energy exists out there.

You can use this energy for healing. It is not you who heal, it is the energy that heals.

There is a healer within all of us but the western medicines and habits of taking pills, vitamins etc. have made us to rely on these quick pain relieve methods rather than rely on energies and healing powers that already exists within us.

The ability to heal is not restricted to those with rare gift, we all have the capacity.

I recently became a Reiki Master and if you would like I could teach you how to use this power you already possess. Of course this requires some form of classroom training and not through my  blogs.

The word heal comes from the word hoelen which means to become whole. We are spirit in human form; and spirit is perfect and wants us to be whole in body, mind and soul.

To start any healing process, you have to let go of any old limiting beliefs in your mind as well as your soul.  Begin healing the whole by changing your attitudes, perceptions and behaviours.

Work with your soul self and slowly but firmly peel away the many layers of limitations developed over the year and finally let go of them.

Recently, after my accident, I discovered 2 slipped disc on my neck which was causing a significant amount of pain and discomfort. I went to see neurosurgeon as well as orthopedic. Thankfully, both did not belief in cutting people up. I then went to physiotherapy which worked well in the beginning but in the end there was not much improvement. I also did Pilates which made things worse but mainly to the fault of the instructor.

So, I went back within myself. I used the healing power within myself. I used my Reiki. And currently, I am off from taking Gabapentine at night just to be able to sleep. Of course, I still need to keep my posture correct but healing myself has helped me to use the energies of the universe.

Reiki is a universal life force energy, an ancient gift from above that has been within us all this while. It radiates from out of the hands and applied to one with love and for the highest good. We are but a circuit to help the body, mind and soul and to help the body, mind and soul to mend. We use it for the highest good and it is not I who stands as a healer but it is the energy that I send. My Reiki hands stand ready for what service they may do; for when we are helping and healing others, we feel the healing too.

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.



These are the Reiki Ideals created by modern day founder of these healing methods, Dr Mikao Usui. I call it modern founder because Reiki healing is within all of us and have existed for thousands of years but were lost and were re-found by Dr Usui. It is used by Reiki masters in Japan. It was provided by a Japanese Reiki master, Toshitaka Mochizuki in conjunction with his Reiki book, "Iyashi No Te" (Healing Hands). The following is a line for line translation starting from the right.


The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today,
Do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work.
Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart,
and chant these words with your mouth.
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind.

I will be starting Reiki classes soon, if you are interested, write to me. When a student is ready, the master will be there. Of course, I will teach anyone who truly wants to learn.

Like a dear friend from meditation class sent this wonderful story, I am sharing it here with you.

The Buddha explained how to handle insult and maintain compassion.

One day Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him. "You have no right teaching others," he shouted. "You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake."

Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man "Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?"

The man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, "It would belong to me, because I bought the gift."

The Buddha smiled and said, "That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger. If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you. You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself."

"If you want to stop hurting yourself, you must get rid of your anger and become loving instead. When you hate others, you yourself become unhappy. But when you love others, everyone is happy."

The young man listened closely to these wise words of the Buddha. "You are right, Enlightened One, "he said. "Please teach me the path of love. I wish to become your follower."

The Buddha answered kindly, "Of course. I teach anyone who truly wants to learn."

Take care and be well.

No comments: