About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Connecting

Every day, life has its own unique way of showing miracles. Breathing, being healthy, turning a year older as I did yesterday .... all miracles in my book.

The star above is called α UMi. Not familiar? How about Polaris? Still not familiar. How about North Star? It lies nearly in a direct line with the axis of the Earth's rotation "above" the North Pole—the north celestial pole—Polaris stands almost motionless in the sky, and all the stars of the Northern sky appear to rotate around it. Therefore, it makes an excellent fixed point from which to draw measurements for celestial navigation and for astrometry.

Sometimes we need to pay attention to get directions. Many people know about the North Star, but few really know how to detect it or how to find it. Once you find it, even if you are lost, you will find direction and will not be walking in circles around and round.

There is so much of information overload in our current world vying for your attention that sometimes we miss out the subtle hints or soft knocks from God and Universe which can be missed when we are too busy paying attention to things that do not really matter.

The Divine Source always wants to work with us in partnership, but it is up to us to welcome and greet God and the energies of the Universe and our guardians in order to secure a good connection.

Coincidences
So-called coincidence or synchronicities are clear signs the Divine is knocking on the door, but are you too afraid to open it?

Sometimes we do not pay attention enough that we get a loud bang ... like I did when my car turned upside down and then my world turned the right side up. My world was already upside down and I was correcting it slowly but with the car going upside down, the loud bang, and coming out unscratched. I just realised, my world turned the right side up.

Have you ever been torn between staying in a job or accepting a new job or just unclear and torn between a decision and as you are driving by, suddenly you see on a bus or a billboard the answer you are looking for. This is the Divine coincidence. Answers that come to you in one form or another.

Sometimes you get an answer after a lot of soul searching, sometimes through coincidences like above, sometimes through meditation, dreams and sometimes when you are grateful and full of love, you may get connection to the answers that you seek from the Divine source, from the angels and guardians.

How do you start tapping into these coincidences, these synchronicities? Simple, pay attention, keep noticing.
  • Pay attention to meaningful coincidences, the more you pay attention, the more you will notice them and the more they will multiply.
  • Pay attention to people you run into unexpectedly, listen to what is being said in your conversation with that person and what the meaning or answer could be for you in there.
  • Let go, tell your angels and guardians and tell God, okay, show me, guide me, let me be aware and let me act to your answer and guidance, then pay attention.
  • Continue working on the journal I spoke about, and pay attention to the journal. Re-read.
  • Believe, be positive and pay attention. A negative attitude will just shut down the experience.
 Answers in your dreams
Our sub-conscious mind and soul is always speaking to us, but sometimes while we are awake and have so much distractions, we just do not pay attention to the messages.

So, dreams are one of the many ways that the soul can reach out and communicate with you when you are not distracted by out worldly stuff.

All of us dream every night even though many of us do not remember our dreams. Some of us remember our dreams and we get up, but in no time, we forget.

In the Power of the Soul, there is a story of a dream that is shared by John Holland. In summary, this women had this dream about thousands of ants crawling on her best terry-cloth towels in the bathroom. And only two words stood out Ant and Terry. She had a Aunt named Terry and immediately she called her mom to see if the mom had heard from her aunt recently. The mom had not and called other relatives who too had not. They immediately called a neighbour who went to the house and once there was no answer, they called the police. The police found the aunt sprawled on the bathroom floor after having suffered from a stroke two days earlier. Thankfully, she survived.

Keep a dream journal with your journal. Write what you remember. It may be sending you some message.

I personally had a dream yesterday around two in the morning and could not sleep after the message from the dream, so I continued reading a book, I even watched MU beat Chelsea in the Champions League which I rarely watch especially since it is at three in the morning.

Have you heard of dream incubation? Something like the movie inception but not manipulating others but just planting a seed so that you get an answer in your dream.

I found a neat write up about dream incubation which you can view by clicking the link.

But basically, "dream incubation is a creative thinking technique that uses your dreams to come up with creative breakthroughs. Basically you set the scene for your inner dreaming mind to do your creative thinking for you. This is really neat if you can summon enough discipline at the end of the day and first thing in the morning to do what you need to do to incubate dreams."

"Dream incubation is a marvellous tool in your creative thinking toolkit. Get over your initial resistance and persist with it long enough to reap the immense creative rewards that creative dream incubation can deliver to you. Your phenomenal creative mind is waiting like an immense computer. You just need to switch it on with dream incubation."

Before you go to bed, write down a concern in your journal. Read it a few times to yourself before you drift to sleep.

Ask any question, maybe, "What is the next move in my career?" or "How can I improve my relationship with my father?"

And try to wake up gently without an alarm jolting you awake and try to write down anything that you remember on your dream journal.

You may not remember anything initially but keep doing it for a few days, believe, keep an open mind, do it for the highest good.

Dreams are very symbolic, so expect that it may not be an answer in words but in symbolism. Draw out the symbol, if unfamiliar with a certain symbol, Google or Wiki it or ask someone.

Be positive, pay attention, and always have love and gratitude in your heart and mind and do it for the highest good.

Take care and be well.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

HI NIL! Happy Birthday (yesterday) I hope you had a wonderful day :)

I'm apologize for not stopping by more often. I do still read all of your posts and they always make me think and help teach me and keep me in touch with my spirituality. This one really speaks to me. I know that I need to spend more time in prayer and start paying better attention to the subtle messages God is sending my way. That message has really been on my heart lately and your post today drove it home for me. I also enjoyed your info on dreams and dream incubation. I will try your suggestion about the dream journal.

Blessings to you Always

jennifer (MM)