About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Power of One

I am only one,
but still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something;
And because
I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse
to do something that I can do.
~ Hellen Keller

Have you heard the story of the starfish? It's a 16 page essay originally written by Loren Eiseley called the Star Thrower but I will just simply put the YouTube version below.


Most of us think that we as one single person in this world cannot make a difference to the larger problems or issues of the world. Recently, there was a video of a toy poddle being abused that became viral. Some people would think that they cannot make a difference alone.

But if we have aligned or realigned our view to God's perspective, we can make a difference, 1 starfish at a time, 1 dog at a time.

I am not just preaching but I know I have made a difference. I have made a difference in my life, at least to those who are close to me and I have definitely made a difference in Al E's life as much as he has made a difference in mine. But last year, I also made a difference in another dog's life, if you care to read, click on these links: Coco my friend and Coco's Gratitude.

If we touch one life, we can make a difference between life and death, both physical and spiritual, for another soul.

The world population is ever increasing and soon we will be hitting 7 billion population. Are you aware that more than half of these people, that is more than 3,500,000,000 live with less than MYR7 a day (US$ 2).

This statement is not to make anyone feel guilty but to say that we all have lost our perspective, our ability to see beyond our homes mainly because of our desires to control our own safe and comfortable world as well as the current culture where we are driven to acquire more rather than give more.

It is okay to have nice things, to enjoy blessings in our lives, to drink a MYR10 Starbucks latte, to buy a thousand dollar watch. But only if we long for something substantial to leave behind and we wake up and realize become mature. It is our maturity that will move us beyond ourselves and our desires.

One of the most important ways we can start to provide to the poor and opressed around the world is through prayers and through sharing God's infinite love with them.

If we want to experience the full adventure that our loves are intended to e, then we have to be willing to take action and serve those in need with God's infinite love.

Our greatest gifts of time, talents and treasures are essential to maturing and building a legacy.

I have already discussed how we can and we should use our time, talents in treaures. We all can make a difference, whether you are a teacher or a burger flipper, whether you are a PhD or a high scholl drop-out, whether you are a mother or a father, even if you are blind like Hellen Keller - we all can make a difference.

I am blessed, there are many miracles in my life and in lives that surround me, I will share some of these miracles in my blog posts next month.

I am grateful, for all the guidance and love that God has bestowed upon me.

I am filled with infinite love and I give infinite love. I am on my way to live this life passionately, to love everyone completely, to learn humbly all the lessons God has to teach me and when my time is up as when God decides, I will leave boldly.

One person can make a difference. I am making a difference. Will you?

Take care and be well.

2 comments:

Ser said...

Absolutely.

Jennifer said...

I absolutely agree! We can all make a difference and it's such an infinite blessing to ourselves to bless someone else by lending a hand when they are in need. I rescued 2 cats and 1 dog from very bad circumstances many years ago when I was living in inner-city Detroit, and they have been such a BLESSING to me! I cannot imagine what my life would've been without them. I know they were all gifts from God and that he placed them on the path of my life for a purpose. My dog, Cheyenne, certainly changed my life in infinite ways. I love sharing my story of her life and how she changed me. If you'd ever like to stop by and read about her and what she did for me, please visit my blog. I'm at http://freedomandwildness.blogspot.com. The post about her is titled "For Cheyenne." I truly believe that God brought us together and used her to change my life, as melodramatic as that may sound. Cheyenne died recently and I believe that God was also the one who helped me find the courage to finally start my blog, to get some of the thoughts out of my head that were stirring around and driving me a bit crazy after she passed. God always provides us with whatever we need, and I believe that he places us in each other's lives so that we may comfort and help each other along the path that he has set for us.
Keep the wonderful posts coming. I truly look forward to reading them every day.