About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's never too late to be what you might have been

It's never too late to be what you might have been
~ George Eliot
Don't ask what the world needs.
Ask what makes you come alive, an go do it.
Because what the world needs is
people who have come alive.
~ Howard Thurman

Every now and then, we may feel powerless, overwhelmed and burned out. Emotions drained, no physical energy and creativity. You are not alone, we all feel that way sometimes.

But remember, when our tank is empty, God's tank is always full. When we are trying to kick start our life and it seems like the engine will not start, it's because we have been relying on a slower unreliable engine.

All you need to do is connect back to God's limitless love and power, infinite love of God and kick start our engines and we will have God's infinite horsepower to power us through the bumps and hills and sharp corners and blind corners.

There are going to be crashes, some severe ones, especially if we are just connected to ourselves. This is when people tend to give up. Don't give up. Evaluate why this crash happened, what was your reaction to it, how did you handle it, how did it impact and influence your life, how did it impact your relationship with those you love and your relationship with God?

Evaluate and connect your engine to God and start again.

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

I shared this story before of when I was 17, I did miserably in my SPM which is equivalent to O levels or closest to final year of High School in US.

I did so miserably, more miserably than I ever expected and was bitterly disappointed. Initially I did not handle it well because there was disbelief, then anger and frustration. I was nearly close to giving up.

But somehow, through my parents, somehow through God, I tried with my miserable results to get into a private college. First semester in the college was a struggle when compared to the kids around me at that time. I merely go a C average which was still better than my SPM.

Then something changed, I found my passion and I started getting B and B+ average. Then I managed to get to a University in Wisconsin and managed to graduate with a B+ average and also appeared on dean's list for a couple of semesters and managed to join the Psychology honor society (Psi Chi) - yes my BA is in Psychology.

When I came back with my degree, the first job offered to me was to be a social worker for RM800 which was barely enough for me to cover the costs. So instead, I became a journalist as I was always passionate about writing and my minor was in Communication.

Over the years, I have completed my MSc and I hope sometime in the near future to partake in a PhD course although that is not my top priority right now.

My journey more immediate is to live this life with no-regrets and be guided by my wonderful guardians and God.

If we are going to have the power t begin again, we must learn from our losses.  This is to admit that we fail sometimes. But God just will look with compassion right into our hearts. We must not let failures get us down. If you fall, just get up and start over.

Re-quoting Benjamin Buttons, I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

When we are down, and crashed out, get up and connect back to God's engine, He still has a great race for us to run. Get up and let's go.

Only when we give ourselves to God, the Universe, the source of power in our lives, then and only then, we will see results we cold never attain on our own.

Today is the last day in my journal for living passionately as tomorrow I move on to Loving Completely. But the journey of living passionately has just began and will continue for the rest of my remaining life. I will live passionately every day, every minute, connected to the Universe, to God, to my guardian.

Today, I made a list of things that previously prevented me from fully trusting God with my life, some past disappointments, hurts, losses, doubts and fears. I have talked to God and my guardian about these and how I will be connected.

I have also written what my greatest fear may be right now and what is the basis of the fear but I trust God completely to help me overcome this fear.

I am living a passionate life, have you started? What are you waiting for? Someday?

Start today. If you need and are seeking for some guidance, I will be happy to do so within my capacity. Or find someone else you may be more comfortable with. And remember, God is always there, as long as your branch is connected to the vine, he will also guide you.

Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.

Take care and be well.

2 comments:

Izza said...

very motivational.....

~Sesa17~ said...

i needed that thanks