About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Constantly 100 Percent Statistics

Why am I fighting to live if I 'm just living to fight?
Why am I trying to see when there ain't nothing in sight?
Why am I trying to give when no one gives me a try?
Why am I dying to live if I'm just living to die?

Yeah, you know I used to weave my words into confusion.
And so I hope you'll understand me when I 'm through
You know I used to live my life as an illusion,
But reality will make my dreams come true.

So I'll keep fighting to live till there's no reason to fight
And I'll keep trying to see until the end is in sight
You know I'm trying to give so c'mon give me a try
You know I'm dying to live until I'm ready
~ Edgar Winter Group


When it comes to the game of life, just like any other game be it the Super Bowl, World Cup, NBA Finals - the final buzzer will sound and it's game over.

Statistics in fact show that the human death rate is 100 percent, nobody can go around it or cheat your way out of it. Everyone of us will die and you will experience a moment at the end of your life when the final buzzer will sound.

Everyone of us get reminders of our mortality, whether it is a cold or a grey hair or an ache or pain. How do you feel when you get these reminders? Do you think you should change your life? When and what will it take to start changing your life today?

Tomorrow, I end my 30 day journey to change my life and there have already been so many changes in my life the last 30 days.

And as I have said before, your soul is eternal, my soul is eternal, but this life, this body - it will end. One day we may stop breathing but we won't stop living, our soul will continue living eternally.

It is therefore wise to approach life with an end in mind as it is the foolish who will ignore the inevitable. This will help us live a more intentional life and make every moment count.

God could have created us all as robots, programmed us to love Him and obey Him, serve Him and follow Him - but he did not do that. He tool the greatest risk and created us with free will and He lets us choose whether we love Him, whether we trust Him and whether we desire to be with Him for all eternity.

You will not be ready to live until you are ready to die and experience something beyond life but to live each moment here on earth and prepare for eternity.

Right now, you can pray to God and ask Him to come to your life and forgive your past guilt and sins and give you a future in a great afterlife. We do not have to fear eternity, God loves us all.

Once you are prepared for eternity, you want to invest in what will last forever as well and your perspective shifts.

Imagine going for a vacation for a few weeks. Then you go to you hotel room, you don't like it, so you hire a contractor and change the wallpaper, you change the bed and pillows, get a flat panel television, you change the bathroom fittings. Then you don't like what you see outside, you you hire a landscaper to change the plants and trees and grass. You keep making changes, and then few weeks are up and you go home.

Many of us are exactly doing this on earth, we act as if we are going to be here forever and concentrate on things that seem really important but do not last.

Our focus needs to shift to things that will stand the test of time and there are only two things - God's words/guidance and People.

Learning values from God's word and applying them lasts forever. And souls live forever in eternity, as such, when you make a difference in one life, in one person, it will also last forever. That is why relationship with people are the most important thing in your life.

God has decided to keep me in this world, on this earth, in this life, just yet. It has not come time for me just yet. And when the day comes, I will see you all soon enough, in eternity. If I have made a difference in your life through my words, through my actions or in any other way, I will see you again in eternity.

God bless you all and infinite love and gratitude to all of you.

Take care and be well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that!!! Loved the bit about going on vacation.It has made me think.

Archiereus said...

Keep on writing, you are an inspirational writer yourself :)

Chris said...

wonderful.