About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

If I was a dog

If I was a dog, I will be no other than my faithful little lamb of a dog Al E.

Al E has taught me a lot of things in life but most of all is unconditional love.

The only other that is capable of that is God.

No wonder a dog was named by just reversing God to Dog.

A friend once send me this:
The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.
Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
A dog's parents never visit.
Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
You never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go 24 hours a day.
Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk.
Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.
A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"
If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.
If a dog smells another dog on you, they don't get mad. They just think it's interesting.
Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.
If a dog leaves, it won't take half of your stuff.

Of course, he send this as a joke comparing his dog with his wife or girlfriend.

Setting jokes aside, Al E is one little fella that is always there and ever ready to play, to give you licks, to jump on you even if you were only away for a few minutes, to go for a walk, to play coconut football or any ball for the matter.

He has seriously brought so much of joy in life that is sometimes mundane, boring, stressful.

So, yah, if I was a dog, I don't want to be Lassie, or Rin Tin Tin, or Marley, or Snoopy, or Odie, or Fang, or Hooch, or Toto, or Beethoven, or Frank, or Scooby, or Dino (technically not a dog), or Cosmo.

I just want to be Al E Baba (Albert Einstein Baba Black Sheep) if I was a dog.

But I am not a dog and I am happy being me.

Take care and be well.

2 comments:

thecrazynair said...

No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.

Ser said...

ALe has lots of problem with his ears. You sure want to be him:P ?