About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Driven

I have been a little under the weather the past couple of days.

Still working but having sort of flu like symptoms. Feverish, body ache, sore throat, dry cough, runny nose, burning eyes etc etc.

During times like this, I tend to think about how sometimes we are driving our lives without much direction. Sometimes we have a destination but no direction and the journey in between does not matter so much.

In life, it is simple, you are born, you live your life and one day as a mortal, you die.

So, the destination is in the end death and the direction and journey to reach there is more important than the destination.

So the direction we take in life and the choices we make and the life we live is more important than the destination and yet sometimes we forget and we loose direction.

For example, when I drive to work from my house somewhere is Bangsar to my office somewhere in Cyberjaya, I sometimes do not even know how I get from the beginning point to the end point.

I actually do not know what direction I take, which turnings I make, which roads I take even.

It just comes automatically. I just know where to turn and where to go, like it is ingrained in my being.

So, can life be like how I drive everyday. We know when we were born, and we know one day we will die, but in between ... can life be automatic, instinctive or shall we control our direction and journey.

Various schools of thoughts - some say everything is faithed, and if such, then our direction and journey has been written.

But I believe God gave us life, and a time in our life to make something out of it and for us to direct our own lives and always have faith that we will have some guidance when we are lost or when we have taken the wrong turn.

Recently, twice I accidentally drove back the wrong way. And while it did cost me more money on toll, I found a slightly different and scenic route to get back home.

I wondered why I made the same mistake twice and then realised that there is reason for everything. There must have been a good reason to be directed to a different way and finding another way home.

I guess with life as well, there may be many routes, and many directions and many twists and turns to reach the final destination but at the end of it all, we all reach the same destination if our hearts, our hopes, our wishes and our minds are open to a different route now and then.

Take care and be well.

No comments: