About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom, wherever you are

A Mother's love is something
that no on can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

By Helen Steiner Rice


The above poem is called A Mother's Love.

Which I've been missing for many years now ....
Happy Birthday Mummy.
I miss you, so very much.
I love you always.
Forgive me for all the bad things I may have done or said that hurt your feelings.
Thank you for all your guidance you have given and continue to guide me to this day.
I remember your prayers and they have always followed me.They have clung to me all my life.
Rest in peace and always know that I will always love you.

Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.

Take care and be well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this. My mother's birthday is today. She passed on three years ago and I miss her very much. Your poems and thoughts were uplifting and so honoring of her life. Bless you.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this. My mother's birthday is today. She passed on three years ago and I miss her very much. Your poems and thoughts were uplifting and so honoring of her life. Bless you.