About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

At the very core of my being

At the very core of my being is me.

As the years of my life have passed by, the layers of my being have changed.

The core may have matured, but it remains intact.

But sometimes, when layers of my being get peeled away, the core becomes exposed and vulnerable.

When the core is vulnerable, it becomes an open target.

That is when it cuts like a knife
it cuts away the heart of my life
When I pretend wear a smile to fool my dearest friends
I wonder if they know it's just a show
I'm on a stage day and night
I go through my charades
but how can I disguise what's in my eyes

Okay, I am being a little lyrical here. Some of you may not remember but the paragraph above is paraphrased and plagiarised from Rockwell's song Cut's like a knife.

But the core is who I am, it is my very being, my existence in this world, in this life that has been given to me - and when the core is exposed, many vulnerable things happen.

As such, layers are important, as important as the core because it helps to protect the core.

At the core of my Being I am in touch with the light and love and the knowingness that are inherent properties of my natural state. - Deepak Chopra

Take care and be well.

No comments: