About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Am I addicted to Facebook?

No.

I do not play any Facebook games currently.

I only go to Facebook to check on some friends status and any new pictures uploaded (not all cause when you have more than 400 Facebook friends, there is so only so much you can keep up with).

I have not been on Facebook for more than an hour a day, usually just minutes to update my status, check out a few friends and logoff.

So, I begin my week of absolutely no Facebook for a week.

From 3:30pm on Sunday May 2 to 3:30pm on Sunday May 9 - I will be away from Facebook. If you need to get a hold of me, send me an email, or pick up the phone and call me.

It took me a while to remove all the email notifications sent from Facebook, but that too is done.

You may think there is willpower involved, but more likely... change is due to want power. Wanting the new me in preference to the person I am now.

Take care and be well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you know what? I'm going to go un-facebook myself as well. it's a new age pain in the backside. Yup, i too feel it is better for me if you just buzzed me and had a teh tarik together rather then stare into yet another screen.

There. I put my money where my mouth is. Done.

Bal