About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In my life

There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

I have always liked the Beatles and their songs and sometimes feel I was born 10 years later than I should have.

But then again, there is always a good reason for everything that happens in life.

The lyrics above cannot entirely explain how I feel now at age 41, but it comes close.

Wifey gave me some presents and a book with Maya Angelou quote, "Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."

I will not say that I have been the most courageous person always in my life, but I have been courageous enough and as I get older, I feel I should be more courageous.

I have made a lot of mistakes in life and no doubt that some mistakes will continue to be made but at least I will have the courage to try something and continue to gain experience.

After all, Oscar Wilde said that experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.



To all my friends and family members who have send me wonderful wishes, blessings, gifts, virtual gifts, etc. for my birthday, thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Take care and be well.

No comments: