About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Haircut

I wrote sometime back that I needed a haircut.

Furthermore, my neighbour, the Brunei Sultan paid RM86,918.

I got my haircut today - just slightly cheaper though. Cheaper by about RM86,910.

For those whose maths is horrible, I paid RM8 for a very decent and nice haircut.

I have not paid that little for a haircut in more than 10 years.

Even my dad who is mostly bald gets charged Rm10 to RM13 for his haircut at an Indian barber shop in Kuala Lumpur.

Of course the cut does not include a fancy hair wash, or blow or a lousy massage - but it is a professional haircut and by an experience hair stylist, not a student nor an Indian barber - I have not seen one in Miri.

The only other cheaper haircut I have seen but not dared to do is during Thaipusam in Batu Caves, RM2 or RM3 for a nice clean-shaven head.

This person is also walking distance from my house - not too far from the GK supermarket in Luak Bay. I think the name is Blossom House or Blossom Hair or something like that.

And if you have something to recycle, the small shop next to the saloon is a recycling area where you can send your papers, aluminium etc. I guess you could get enough money if you'd recycle and maybe the haircut will be from your old newspapers.

So, come Monday, go ahead and judge my cheap, but effective and rather good hair cut.

Take care and be well.

1 comment:

Ser said...

Neat...you look beyond your age...more like a freshman in high-school.