About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pucuk Pisang (Banana Stem)

Arrived in KLIA a few minutes later, rushed to take the train but only managed to get on the 9pm train.

Went home, then went to meet a friend straight away.

And I was wishing and hoping and dreaming that there would be some nice traditional food to eat.

Low and behold, stir fried pucuk pisang with some green leaves, a freshly made spicy sambal made from green chillies and onions (made using a mortar and pestle) and a jungle green leave - blanched. Served with freshly made rice.

The best food is always the simplest food. And food from the jungles seem to be the best food.

Of course, they had some fish but they know I am vegetarian and always make efforts to make me vegetarian food.

As a standard, had some vodka with him after that.

Then went to pick up Uding from her hotel to meet dad, then went to meet Mack and Deb at her house.

Was totally tired after reaching back home at 11:30. You see, I maybe slept about 2 hours on Friday night, then got up at 4am, went to airport by 5am for 6:20am flight.

So, I was pooped.

But when you are with friends and belly filled with pucuk pisang, nothing else matters.

Take care and be well.

1 comment:

Ser said...

Agreed...Kakak's food is always so great...simple but amazingly wonderful.....Gosh, I can't wait to see them in August.