About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Love, don't hate

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage - Lao Tze

A good friend of mine recently in a conversation mentioned that she hated someone.

I said that was a strong word to use.

Hate is to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward someone. Synonyms: loathe, execrate, despise, abhor, detest, abominate.

Dislike is to regard with displeasure, antipathy, or aversion.

Two very different words.

Love is a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. Also a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend. Synonyms: tenderness, fondness, predilection, warmth, passion, adoration.

I do not hate anyone. There are people I love and there are very very very few people I dislike, but I do not hate anyone.

People I dislike, I avoid, limit contact.

People I love, I cherish.

I would rather love than hate someone and I hope in my life I will never hate someone.

Take care and be well.

No comments: