About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Friday, July 17, 2009

6 months away from home

It has been about 6 months since my last trip home, that is a long long long time.

I had thought I would be going back to KL every four to six weeks when I started working in Miri, Sarawak. However, the last year, it has been less and less frequent.

Part of this reason has been money of course or the lack of it actually, the other being having Al E in our lives.

This year, 6 months is a record. I was in my KL home sometime this time in January just before I went off to The Netherlands.

Since coming back from The Netherlands, I have been so extremely busy that I have not really had time to go back home.

The record could have nearly reached 7 months as I only planned to take sometime off next month to go home; however, a change in plans for a training has me going to KL in a couple of days.

And right after that, I will set another record. Which is 2 weeks. This is because within 2 weeks, I will be going to KL again, the planned leave that I have taken.

I do miss home, miss my dad and a few friends that I have not seen for ages and a few friends that I have seen but would love to meet up.

The thing is, I will also miss wifey and my furry four legged son as they will be here.

Nevertheless, taking everyday as it comes, I will make the best of my trip and my training and my time at home.

Pappa has put up the Balinese cabana that was bought some 2-3 years ago and been stored in a friends warehouse. The garden in his hands has flourished wonderfully. And there are things that need to be discussed with my ole man.

So, look out guys, Nil's coming home!

Take care and be well.

No comments: