About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What type of dog am I and other stuff

A lot of people say they are getting fed up of Facebook including myself but still, there is some attraction to it.

Everyday or every other day, I would go to Facebook to update my status. Lately, I am into quotes.

Some of them as follows:
I guess when your heart gets broken you sort of start to see cracks in everything. I'm convinced that tragedy wants to harden us and our mission is never to let it.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

One of the most beautiful gifts in the world is the gift of encouragement. When someone encourages you, that person helps you over a threshold you might otherwise never have crossed on your own.

My goal in life is to be a person as good as my dog already thinks I am.

If you were all alone in the universe with no one to talk to, no one with which to share the beauty of the stars, to laugh with, to touch, what would be your purpose in life? It is other life, it is love, which gives your life meaning. This is harmony. We must discover the joy of each other, the joy of challenge, the joy of growth.

We should talk about our empathy deficit.The ability to put us in other's shoes;to see the world through the eyes of those who are different from us-the child who's hungry,the steelworker who's been laid off,etc.When we think like this,when we choose to broaden our ambit of concern & empathize with the plight of others,whether they're close friends or distant strangers,it becomes harder not to help,harder not to act.

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profundity. Kindness in giving creates love.

Look to this Day! For it is Life, the very Life of Life. In its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your Existence. The Bliss of Growth, The Glory of Action, The Splendor of Beauty; For Yesterday is but a Dream, And To-morrow is only a Vision; But To-day well lived makes every Yesterday a Dream of Happiness, And every Tomorrow a Vision of Hope. Look well therefore to this day.

To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.

And many more.

I have also taken many quizzes except for the personal ones like whether I know Mr A better or Miss B better or how much I know a certain person.

What kind of dog am I? According to the quiz, I am a Golden Retriever, but deep in my heart, I know I am an English Cocker Spaniel.

I have stopped playing all games in Facebook, no more Mob wars or Mafia Wars, no mare fairies or gardens, no more vampires or zombies, no more hatching pets or hatching eggs, no more speed date or Texas hold-em ... all that I have stopped.

But I still will accept most things people send me, just don't expect me to send you a plant or poke you back.

I will still accept friend I know and every now and then look for new friends.

Oh well, Facebook is still somewhat interesting, and I would continue to use it for a while. Another story for Friendster though, I do not even remember my password anymore.

Take care and be well

No comments: