About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Billie Jean / It's Charlie, Angel, time to go to work

I remember trying to do the moonwalk, wear white socks with black shoes and pull on my crotch.

I remember having an Angel's picture in my wallet.

I remember how iconic the Thriller video was.

I remember the time when We Are the World.

I remember watching sexy curly haired woman kicking ass on television.

Datuk and I were joking on how at one time we used to have Farah Fawcett's picture in our wallet.

We even signed it and used to show friends that we got an autographed picture from her.

My first Michael Jackson album was Off the Wall. Of course I knew him since the Jackson 5 but Off the Wall was really off the wall.

Songs like Don't stop till you get enough and Rock with you.

Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) and Farah Fawcett (February 2, 1947 — June 25, 2009) - may both of you rest in peace, you will always be remembered as part of my generation, part of my growing years.

In your memory, I will strike a pose with a gun and do the moonwalk.






Take care and be well.

3 comments:

bal said...

AAAH Nils, i wonder if we killed him.America certainly had it's hand on the trigger, but i wonder if my hand was on it too. how did you react when all the nonsense was going on on tv about MJ? did u believe it? The man was a gentle giant. quirky, yes, but a giant. God i pray be tender on his soul.
Fawcett was a Goddess. nothing less.

B

Ser said...

Can't believe MJ's gone...Grew up with his songs (since the Jackson 5days).....

So ironic, MJ and my late father have some similarities and that is in relation to the 'age' that both had died (Note: Both MJ and my dad did not get to celebrate their 50th birtdays - both died couple months before their respective birthdays). My dad died due to heart failure/attack in his sleep (he was fine the day before he died - no sign of any illness whatsoever).

We all live in borrowed times, so lets make the best of it.

Nil said...

MJ was a giant, Fawcett a Goddess. We do live on borrowed times and everyday should be treated like the best day ever.