About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Back to work

First day back to work. 200 emails to clear - this from 30 April to 17 May.

By the end of the day, maybe about 50% have been cleared.

Not much of an eventful day, just getting back into the grind of working in Miri and getting back to the pace of life here after having been out of work the last 3 weeks or so.

Not much has changed yet a lot has changed. Over the past weeks, some office renovation and shifting has been taking place and most of my colleagues around me have moved out to their new places.

My new cubicle is only ready in the 1st week of June, so, after Gawai holidays, I will have a new cubicle - a slightly larger cubicle with a new cubicle mate. Coincidentally, with the same person "Uncle" that joined Shell with me on the same date. Time sure passes by, just a while ago I was surrounded by Bu Bu, then left for Rijswijk and settled there and now a shift again.

The new cubicle's are quite interesting and I would have a larger table. My colleagues have packed my stuff and I am somewhat lazy to unpack them although I am only moving a few weeks later. But maybe I should unpack my docking station and monitor, it would be better for me to do so.

Had a team meeting in the morning in one of those new conference rooms, then had lunch with the usual gang. I guess despite changes, some things will remain the same.

Change is always inevitable, something I actually enjoy and look forward to. Hold my head up high, stand and walk proudly and as I said before, wear shades, cause my future is so bright.

Take care and be well.

No comments: