About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Farewell Dinner on a Mythical Bird

Today evening there is a farewell dinner for me. Well for me as well as Petri who is cross posted to my neighbouring country in Brunei and a welcome dinner for SM who is hailing from there.

Anyway, a Chinese restaurant was initially chosen and that was changed to Garoeda, an expensive Indonesian restaurant.

Garoeda as it is spelled here or Garuda is of course a Sanskrit word although many people relate it to Indonesian.

Garuda is a large mythical bird or bird-like creature that appears in both Hindu and Buddhist mythology. Garuda is the Hindu name for the constellation Aquila and the Brahminy kite is considered to be the contemporary representation of Garuda.

The story of Garuda's birth and deeds is told in the first book of the great epic Mahabharata.

Anyway, wifey spent her day going about The Hague - weather was horrible today.

Again the office was nearly as cold as outside and this time a few of my colleagues worked from a neighbouring building.

While the usual work environment was physically cold, the new environment I am in is just cold and quiet - it seems like I was attending a funeral. It was so quiet and lacked energy, you could hear a pin drop, but nobody would even drop a pin.

In the evening, Batman's sidekick took me to The Hague where wifey met us and we went for a drink before dinner. After that, we went to dinner at Garoeda which was surprisingly very good.

I was presented with a really nice and heavy picture book on The Netherlands - must weigh at least 2-3 kilo's but it is a really nice book.

After dinner, went to O'Caseys with a Scot and a Brit for a few drinks and see an interesting football match with a boring result. A couple of Guinness and a tram 17 ride back to the hotel and time to knock off.

Tomorrow is another day of work, final day. Then a nice holiday.

Take care and be well.

No comments: