About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Friday, February 20, 2009

N52°02.280’; E4°19.360’; Elevation 9m

What is this?

This is my current exact location.

N52°02.280’; E4°19.360’; Elevation 9m.

Where is this?

In my room in The Grand Winston Hotel, sitting at the table on the Internet.

How do I know this?

Garmin Nüvi 765T navigation system (basically my new toy, a GPS device)

And I now have a Burgerservicenummer or Burger Service Number. Hmm, I wonder if I get further discounts on all the veggie burgers I have been eating.

Anyway, a burgersercenummer or BSN or the citizen service number is a personal number that replaces the Social Security number by November 26, 2007.

It is basically a number to be used for banking accounts, loans, buying cars, getting a driving licence etc.

I am in The Netherlands for 3 months or so, but need all of this. I had to register in The Hague town hall, I had to register with the immigration department etc etc.

I am now as good as a permanent resident of The Netherlands ... hmmm, maybe I should work from here instead (then I will not have to deal with HR morons at home).

Take care and be well.

No comments: