About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm on steroids

Don't judge me, but I am on steroids!

Most people may not realise this but they would have taken steroids for one reason or another.

For example, a few months ago, I was sick and had a high fever and wanted to get well fast because I was travelling.

So the doctor gave me a jab and he told me if I want to get well fast, there would be some steroids in the jab.

He told me it is not addictive and not the same dangerous dosage that athletes sometimes take and get themselves in trouble for.

Well, it was a couple of months to the Olympics - but I said I missed the cut, so guess I would not be tested anytime soon.

Then out of curiosity, I asked, "How many medicines contain steroids?"

Apparently quite a number.

For example again, on Saturday I got an eye infection and went to the pharmacy for some drops.

Knowing the pharmacist as well as having called my doctor, I bought something that would cure my infection without need for other medication.

And guess what?

My right eye is now on steroids.

So, I am on steroids.

Don't judge me, I am not addicted but I am cured.

Not all steroid usage is addictive or bad.

Take care and be well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just no races or athletic competitions for now then ;)

Nil said...

Yup, no competitions for me for a while including pool or darts! Since I have to use my eyes for those :P

L_ZEE said...

haha, i had to take steroids for my eczema. Side effect is that you put on weight real fast!