About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Monday, January 19, 2009

The final countdown (Bitter Sweet Symphony This Life)

Yup, it's the final countdown. I had a very very busy Monday just attending meetings and clearing up stuff.

Just collected my air tickets, a cool RM21k on the credit card - thankfully the corporate card.

Back home, packed the 2 big bags. Got an allowance of 45 kilograms. How much do you take when you're away for 3-4 months and quite a bit of the weight is just the winter clothes?

I got the morning at work tomorrow, then I will be gone to KL for the next 3 days before flying off to the land below sea level.

Excited yet not; happy yet not; looking forward yet not; ecstatic yet not ... maybe at the moment it is all in a rush and it is all a blur but my heart is starting to sink a little because I know I will miss my wifey, my daddy, my friends but I will speak to them, chat with them and feel better. Most of all, I will miss my boy, Al E.

I am feeling the lump in my throat of having to miss birthdays - Mack, Kupps and Al E - I am so sorry. Wifey - I still hope you will be able to come over for your birthday.

I am also thinking what I will do all alone on my 40th birthday. Yah, a selfish thought but still, I know over here at least wifey and friends will do something. A big one, likely all alone - maybe go to Vienna to cheer myself up and spend some time with some old friends.

Ah, it's a bitter sweet symphony this life. Trying to make ends meet, trying to find some money then you die.

I am not sure how active in blogging I would be, I reckon a little less active but my target is to still get a blog in every other day or in 2-3 days.

Until then, signing out.

Take care and be well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll miss you much bro. 'nuf said.


B