About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fractured

My sister in law, wifey's sister, Sophie fractured her foot a few days ago.

She had an accident in the swimming pool from the swimming lessons they go for in the special school that she attends.

Yes, Sophie is special, she is down syndrome, and due to the lack of schools for special kids in Malaysia, she started attending school only a while back.

We found her a school which she could attend in Ampang.

And as all private special schools go, the lack funds to hire professionals and therefore, she had an accident in the pool.

The foot swelled up.

Wifey took her to a old clinic we were going to previously in Bukit Antarabangsa.

The doctor gave some medication for pain and swelling.

The pain and swelling did not reduce. So, my family doctor, B, told us to get an X-Ray done.

The verdict: A fractured foot - the 5th metatarsal is broken.



The poor kid has been living with a fractured foot the past few days without being able to communicate her pain.

Life at the moment really seems like Murphy's Law.

People say things can only get better ..... but can't they also get worse.

I think I am getting fractured .... but hey, things can only get better, right? Or worse?

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Take care and be well.

3 comments:

Ser said...

Already took some pictures of Sophie with her cast on.
Also become the first VIP to officiate her cast with my artwork ....you kena tunggulah...

Poor girl was in pain for so many days and don't know what to say or how to say ..

The doc was nice and kind to Sophie. How come you know him?

Banshee Creative said...

hey nil, could I have the name of that school in ampang? a friend whose daughter is Down's, they need a school.

Ser said...

The school is registered under Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Ampang (Special Children Society of Ampang). Address is No. 141, Jalan Dahlia, Taman Uda Jaya, 68000 Ampang, Selangor.

Telephone number: 03-4256 8719
Website: www.scsoa.org.my
E-mail: enquiry@scsoa.gmail.my

Note: I am not sure why the email has an ending of '.my' instead of '.com'

Hope it helps.

The school will normally evaluate the child and the respective parents/guardian prior to accepting (Note: Got interview process too - more like discussion etc.)