About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Wind Blows and the Trees Whisper

In 2007, wifey and I were in South Africa. For me, this was my best vacation ever. It was adventurous, fun and just really really nice.

And I came across this thing I wrote in my last few days of my vacation there.

The wind blows
And the trees whisper to me
As the strong waves crash against the rocks
Out in a distance
A whale blows her horn

The wind blows
And the trees whisper to me
The birds are singing a song
The bushveld comes to life
And the zebras come out to graze

The wind blows
And the trees whisper to me
Against a large Acacia tree
An old bull elephant is resting
While the mother and baby
drink by a water hole


The wind blows
And the trees whisper to me
The lion lets out a roar and rests
After devouring his meal
And the hyenas await
to scrounge on the rest of it

The wind blows
And the trees whisper to me
The two oceans meet
And the Rainbow Nation sings
We are the cradle of life
Come to us
And let the wind blow
and trees whisper to you
again and again for
as long as you wish.

Take care and be well.

1 comment:

Ser said...

SA was one of our great holiday escape (well, we did plan some and got our SA friends to assist).

The time on Rovos Rail, Cape Town, the garden route, whale watching, PE, Elephant park, all the safaris and friends in Pretoria. See, I remember everything unlike our recent trip to Egypt (hardly two months and I already forgot the great big bazaars name...Sigh!)

I also did lots of water colour paintings on our road trip as well as train trip........

This is a good poem. Glad you posted it.

Cheers.