About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Life is precious

Dedicated to Andrienne Wong Jia Lynn, 31 years old. Left this earth on 21 July 2008. May you and your soul rest in peace.

I never really knew you but my wife did and you have touched her life and through her, you have touched our lives.

A brief candle;
both ends burning
An endless mile;
a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last - Charlie Daniels

Below poem by Emily Dickinson.

Because I could not stop for Death –
He kindly stopped for me –
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –
And Immortality.
We slowly drove – He knew no haste
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too,
For His Civility –
We passed the School, where Children strove
At Recess – in the Ring –
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain –
We passed the Setting Sun –
Or rather – He passed us –
The Dews drew quivering and chill –
For only Gossamer, my Gown –
My Tippet – only Tulle –
We paused before a House that seemed
A Swelling of the Ground –
The Roof was scarcely visible –
The Cornice – in the Ground –
Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet
Feels shorter than the Day
I first surmised the Horses' Heads
We're toward Eternity.


I wish upon the positive energies of the universe and beyond to ensure that Andrienne's two very young boys are well taken care off by whomever is best suited to bring them up.

To all my friends, I always cherish you, every moment of my life because life is precious and we are living in borrowed times.

Take care and be well.

No comments: