About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

We are all made of stars

All of us are stars, some big, some small, some near, some far, some bright, some dim, some blue giants, some red dwarfs.... but we are all stars.

Moby sang,
"Growing in numbers
Growing in speed
Can't fight the future
Can't fight what I see

People they come together
People they fall apart
No one can stop us now'
Cause we are all made of stars."

There are billions of stars in the universe as there a roughly 6 billion stars in on this planet earth.
As stars, it becomes our innate ability to shine, to shine bright or dim, to shine red or blue, but nevertheless, shine.

My opinion is that all humans are born free of burdens, we are born positive, we wear no masks, and we are carefree. When we are born, we are color blind - we do not see the differences in people, in color of people, in religion of people - everyone is and equal.

However, somehow through life, we have opinions and masks thrown to us and we are basically thought to be somewhat dishonest - as in wear masks, not show our true selves etc etc.

I truly hope that one day, all humans can become childlike and achieve Martin Luther King's I have a Dream. I highly recommend listening to the speech or at least reading it and therefore I attach the web link here. http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm

I hope in my lifetime we can achieve this dream that King spoke of.

"Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children."

In 1955, there was a gathering of 29 African and Asian nations in Bandung, Indonesia. This has become to be known as the Bandung Conference, also known as Asian African Conference or Afro Asian Conference.

A 10-point "declaration on promotion of world peace and cooperation," incorporating the principles of the UN Charter and Jawaharlal Nehru's principles, were adopted unanimously. Among these 10-points included Respect for fundamental human rights and recognition of the equality of all races and of the equality of all nations large and small.

We are all made of stars, we may all look different and may be different in size, color, volume, distance - at the end of the day we are all the same, we are stars.

I am beginning to accept this in my life - that all humans are created equal - irrespective of race, religion or the color of our skins. I have friends of all sizes, personalities, color, beliefs - and I love them all.

I am starting to see more of it nowadays, although, overall we may still have a long way to go. When we open up and accept each and every unique individual with open arms and open mind; only then can we be "free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last."



Take care and be well.

No comments: