About Me

I have done a lot of things in my life and have also worked in many different jobs to make a living and to experience life. This blog is just some of my musings, sometimes funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, sometimes angry, sometimes simple but all the time, it's just me.

Monday, April 28, 2008

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

This is among the main theme of Antoine de Saint Exupéry book Le Petit Prince or as we know it The Little Prince.

Two other main points of the book are "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." and "It is the time you have spent with your rose that makes your rose so important."

A good friend of mine, a former colleague, uses a version of the main theme on a daily basis, which is "Use your heart to see."

Such simple lessons from a children's book written in 1943 but yet what a profound message.

Our heart will tell us from right and wrong and many decisions in our life are made with our heart cause while our eye can visualize, only our heart can see.

Sometimes, we make wrong decisions and when we do make this wrong decisions, it is not our eyes that hurt but our heart that aches.

A lot of times, we forget to see with our hearts, we forget to open our hearts or listen to our hearts. We try to make things scientific and logical.

I have most of the times in recent years used my heart to see. This has brought a lot of pain but it has also brought a lot of joy, happiness and honesty in my life.

Another principle of the book is spending the time with the rose. I have to admit that in the last year or so, I have not spent enough time with people that I care about the most and that may make them seem unimportant.

I am doing my best right now to ensure that I spend some time with my roses, my family, my loved ones and my friends and the time I spent is filled with love, cherished every moment, using my heart to see and I hope that this will make my roses feel important.

I am truly sorry for the lack of time that I have been spending, but I promise to spend more time with my roses.

As for you become responsible for what you have tamed. I used to be a very angry person and was nicknamed as such by even my grandparents. I am not sure when a transformation happened but it was definitely sometime when I left home for my studies, most likely when I was in USA.

I tamed my anger and I am responsible for every time that I get angry at something or someone. There are now very few occasions that someone would make me angry, it is usually some things that make me angry.

Both my grandparents have long passed by at least my mother was still alive to see this transformation take place.

Osho said that life does not listen to your logic; it goes on its very own way, undisturbed. You have to listen to your life; life will not listen to your logic, it does not bother about your logic.

We can be anything that we want, first, we must allow out heart to see.

"Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your finest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment; of these, if you remain true to them, your world will at last be built." - James Allen

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.



Take care and be well.

No comments: